Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Question: What color cars look better in the shade?

Is this part of the ongoing attempt to make me say things that can later be construed as actual racism?

The answer, of course, is black ones!

What the fuck is with this question? It's not quite one of those lyric questions I get once in a while, because those don't alter the lyric. This is some other sort of diabolical pursuit.

So this was a song by Gino Vanelli. For the sake of humour, I often lie, but this time the truth is funnier, so I'll go with that. I didn't know shit about Gino Vanelli. I never much cared for this song. Turns out, this dude won a bunch of Juno awards for 'Promising Male Vocalist' in the seventies. Most interesting thing I learned was that after the success of earlier projects and then this album 'Black Cars', he decided not to tour. He didn't tour for twelve years, when touring might have garnered a tonne of cash and quite possibly increased fame.

Okay, hold on. I'm going to go listen to some of his other shit. Be back in a line break.

Wild Horses is pretty sweet. Forgot that was him. Oh shit, Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover by Sophie B. Hawkins just came up! Nothing to do with Gino. Man, that song used to give me an adolescent boner. Anyway, back to Gino.

I see, I see. The 70s stuff is soul-ier. I Just Wanna Stop is pretty badass. I guess this is an example of a talented dude doing soul music who got caught up - and had some success - with the more distinctive sounds of the 80s.

Short Answer: I don't know if it was the point of the question, but we all learned a lot today.

No comments:

Post a Comment