Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Question: Your blog is back after offending someone enough to spark complaint, how does it feel?

To be clear, this is about Facebook. My blog never went anywhere, as those of you who read directly from here can attest. The page I use to post links to the blog on Facebook was shutdown.


After the page was unpublished, I was given no explanation, which was frustrating. Turns out, they mechanically shut me down for 'negative user feedback' which could mean just about anything. My post from January 20 is the suspected culprit, because the question is written to sound like a girl looking for sex, which could be considered spam by those who aren't familiar with my format.


Anyway, seems okay now. They ignored my appeals until the automated one month suspension expired, then gave me that brief explanation. Now that I see how easily it can happen, and how quickly their 'machines' take over, I'm surprised it hasn't happened before.


It's nice to have a mini-comeback, but my hopes are not high. Now that I know this can happen arbitrarily, I am attempting to relinquish my false sense of control. One man's idea of injustice is nothing against a social media gargantuan.


Short Answer: I wish they'd heard my appeals immediately. It would take no time at all for human eyes to see I don't break their precious rules. That's something they should improve, but they don't have to, because they've got us all by the virtual balls.


Note: Just realized I kinda dodged the spirit (as I interpret it) of the question. I understand that offense can be taken, but it is not my intention to offend. My intention is to entertain. If someone is offended, that's fine, but I don't know why they'd bother to complain. (I actually don't think that was the case, here. I think I was flagged for spam, but I understand what you're getting at.) I don't feel any sense of accomplishment for being controversial enough to get a slap on the wrist. I'm just trying to be funny. If you don't like it, leave me alone. Don't waste time bugging me about it, or fucking with my life by complaining. I would extend the same courtesy in a similar situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment