Monday, December 19, 2016

Question: What's the best Christmas present you ever recieved?

A couple of things come to mind.


When I was young, I thought my parents didn't have much money. (They actually did quite well for themselves, so I guess I just have a pauper's heart.)


In this particular case, I was about eleven or twelve, and I wanted cowboy boots because that was trendy at the time. My mom straight up told me they couldn't afford them. Then...boom! Cowboys boots on Christmas morning!


That probably plays second fiddle to the year the Nintendo Entertainment System came out. I had an Atari 2600 at the time, and because I knew we'd never afford the new, fandangled NES, I asked for the latest Double Dragon game for Atari. Then...boom! NES for Christmas!


(Never did get Double Dragon. Buncha assholes.)


One year, when I was a little younger, I woke to the sound of reindeer on my roof. I went out to the living room to see if Santa had already been, and there was a bike next to the tree for me. That was a pretty sweet moment, with all the quiet, snow white, Christmas magic a little boy could stuff into his quick-beating heart.


Short Answer: Shout out to my friend Mark who gave my wife and I Camp Arawak t-shirts last year, the camp in the movie Sleepaway Camp. That was a badass present. And another shout out to something my wife gave me at some point. Nothing comes to mind, but I don't want my Christmas 'alternate orifice' privileges to be revoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment