Friday, December 9, 2016

Question: Do you go angel or star for the top of your tree?

Is this a religious trap?


Why can't I believe in angels and still keep Christmas secular!?! Why won't you people let me live?!?


I've had this star for years. I don't know where it came from; it's red and gold and green and it looks kind of cheap and shitty and old. That's my go to. I don't think there's a single angel on my tree, or anywhere in my Christmas decorations. This isn't by design, but a lot of the stuff I have for decorating I inherited from my family, and they aren't very religious.


To be clear, my Iron Man ornament goes very near the top of the tree as well, and one year held the highest position. He's awesome because he's in full arched-back, speeding upwards pose, which makes him suitable for the job.


I have a Wolverine and a Captain America ornament as well, and those guys are kind of like angels, right?


Eeyore? Homer Simpson?


Short Answer: There are other stars on my tree, though, so they win out for sure. The only thing I have that's close to an angel is a delicate, faux-diamond snowman with huge testicles. I just made up the testicles part. I felt like this post needed some humour, but then I felt dishonest. Christmas is good for making us all better people. Christmas isn't about snowman balls, ya idiots!

No comments:

Post a Comment