Friday, August 5, 2016

Question: What were the best pop songs on the year you were born?

This feels like an elaborate ruse to find out exactly how old I am. I'm on to you, asshole!


Instead, I'll pick the best songs from a random year.


Best Pop Songs of 1979


10) Bad Case of Lovin' You - Robert Palmer
9) We've Got Tonight - Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
8) Don't Stop Till You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
7) Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
6) Sharing the Night Together - Dr. Hook
5) Hold the Line - Toto
4) I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick
3) My Sharona - The Knack
2) Heart of Glass - Blondie
1) The Logical Song - Supertramp


Now you go to the YouTube or the Spotify or the whatever you use and listen to these songs. That's part of the bargain. Get to work.


Short Answer: Honorable Mentions: Babe by Styx, Message in a Bottle by The Police, Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment