Sunday, June 19, 2016

Question: 10 Best First Dance Wedding Songs?

Going to go traditional ballad on this, not the new wave thing where people do a choreographed dance number to some shitty pop song that they'll unlike in a year and a half. (Luckily most marriages don't last that long! Kabllooooom!)


(I started this list off the top of my head and came up with thirteen right away. Then I made the mistake of going online and looking for others. Now it's turned into something far larger and much more comprehensive.)


The 50 Greatest Wedding First Dance Songs


50) Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band
49) When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge
48) More Than Words Can Say by Alias
47) Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney
46) Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye
45) Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel
44) Count on Me by Bruno Mars
43) You're My Best Friend by Queen
42) Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
41) Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis (or Corey Hart)
40) Don't Know Much by Aaron Neville and Linda Ronstadt
39) Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
38) Something by The Beatles
37) True After Time by Cyndi Lauper
36) Somebody by Depeche Mode
35) Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
34) Can't Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
33) I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab For Cutie
32) First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
31) In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel
30) Turn My Head by Live
29) Fall at Your Feet by Crowded House
28) Wild Horses by The Rolling Stones
27) 1234 by Feist
26) Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison


Now shit gets serious:


25) Patience by Guns 'n' Roses
24) I Will Give You Everything by Skydiggers
23) Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler
22) More Than Words by Extreme
21) At Last by Etta James
20) Sharing the Night Together by Dr. Hook
19) Sea of Love by Phil Phillips (or the Honeydrippers)
18) Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh
17) Babe by Styx
16) Lovesong by The Cure
15) I Only Have Eyes For You by The Flamingos
14) Call and Answer by Barenaked Ladies
13) Try by Blue Rodeo
12) Wicked Game by Chris Isaak
11) Ice Cream by Sarah McLachlan
10) The Grace by Neverending White Lights
9) Your Song by Elton John
8) One by U2
7) Take My Breath Away by Berlin
6) I'll Stand by You by The Pretenders
5) Never Tear Us Apart by INXS
4) Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers
3) Heaven by Bryan Adams
2) Glory of Love by Peter Cetera
1) Faithfully by Journey


Short Answer: What this short answer is definitely not about is how much I cried while compiling this list, so...there.

No comments:

Post a Comment