Monday, September 9, 2013

Question: What is your favourite Kim Mitchell song?

For those not in the know, Kim Mitchell is a Canadian born recording artist who had some hits in the 80s.

When I was a kid I liked 'Easy to Tame' a bunch, but my favorite by a landslide is 'All We Are', where Peter Fredette, Mitchell's long time collaborator, sings the shit out of the chorus while wearing a teal colored blazer, nothing beneath, sleeves rolled up above the elbows. Even though some might claim that he only wears this in the video, I put forth that he probably wears it every time he sings that song. Has to.

To most of your surprise, I don't think about Kim Mitchell all that much. When I went to look for a picture of him, I nearly shit. I remember him as this long haired, ball cap wearing, skinny trucker type dude. I see a picture and he's fully transformed into the guy from Midnight Oil.

He looks like cancer boy from Kids in the Hall got stretched on the rack.

He looks like they deboned an sasquatch with alopecia.

He looks like the brood mother of the giant golden raisin hive.

He looks like an albino albino.

Short Answer: You get the idea. See me drop some more Canadian content in there?


No comments:

Post a Comment